Sump Pump Services in Buffalo
Musso Plumbing & Heating Inc. Offers Expert Sump Pump Repair & Installation
Your sump pump is your first line of defense against flooding in your home or office. If you are worried about water damage or have an out of date sump pump that needs to be replaced, Musso Plumbing & Heating Inc. is your go-to expert. Our sump pump plumbers are located in Buffalo and service the entire area, including Cheektowaga and Williamsville. We can help you select a unit that fits your needs and your budget. Our goal is to take the stress and worry out of sump pump installations, and we will never pressure you to buy things you do not want, or which do not fit your needs. When you want to work with a plumber you can trust, call us.
Call Musso now at (716) 272-1001. We stand behind our work 100%.
Why Install a Sump Pump in Your Home?
Customers often ask us if sump pumps are necessary. If you live in Western New York and have a basement or crawlspace under your home, then yes, they are. Water tends to collect at the lowest point in your house, and this can cause serious problems. In addition to creating excess moisture and enabling mold and mildew to grow, standing water can weaken the infrastructure of your home, and can cause extensive property damage.
The benefits of installing a sump pump in your home include:
- Protection from weather-related flooding and water damage
- Protection against flooding from burst pipes or sewage backups
- Keeps your basement and crawlspace dry
- Reduces rate of mold and mildew growth
- Improves indoor air quality through a reduction of moisture
Another surprising benefit of having a sump pump installed in your home is that it often makes your home more attractive to potential buyers. Having one can signal that you take home maintenance seriously. If you are considering installing a sump pump in your home, contact our plumbers to discuss your options.
Why Won't My Sump Pump Turn On?
Just because your sump pump doesn't turn on doesn't necessarily mean you need to call a technician right away. Some potential reasons it won't turn on include:
- The unit isn't receiving power. Make sure it's plugged in properly, and that the circuit it's connected to has power.
- The outlet or extension cord it's connected to isn't receiving power. Similar to the previous point, check the outlet with other devices you know work to make sure it isn't an electrical issue.
- Manually lift the float in the float switch to make sure it turns on. If it doesn't check the sump pit to make sure nothing fell in that's blocking the switch from engaging.
- Check for any clogs in the system. Unplug your sump pump and remove the screen on the bottom of the device to remove any debris you find inside. Excess buildup can prevent the impeller from rotating and stop the unit from working properly.
If none of these steps fix the problem, call in a professional to check it out and help you get your sump pump up and running again.
We Provide Superior Sump Pump Repair Services
Like any other appliance in your home, your sump pump is susceptible to wear and tear. Over time, parts can wear out and break, and as your sump pump reaches the end of its lifespan, it may lose efficiency. The best method for getting the most out of your unit is not to ignore warning signs of a problem, and to call an experienced Buffalo sump pump specialist, like ours at Musso Plumbing & Heating Inc., to perform repairs as soon as possible.
Signs you need sump pump repair include:
- Your sump pump won’t turn on
- The sump pump runs continuously or is continually turning on and off
- You hear strange noises coming from the pump
- You smell burning or other odors when the pump is running
- The pump is running but failing to remove water
If you aren’t sure that your sump pump is operating correctly, you should call our plumbers. When it comes to protection against moisture and flood, it is always better to be safe than to be sorry. Our sump pump plumbers in Buffalo are well-versed in all aspects of repair and maintenance, and we can diagnose your issue in no time flat!
What About Sump Pump Maintenance?
Just as with the rest of your plumbing system, routine maintenance of your sump pump can help you extend its lifespan and get the most out of your investment. When you schedule your annual plumbing inspection with Musso Plumbing & Heating Inc., we will make inspecting and servicing your sump pump part of the process. Should we uncover any issues, we will make sure you know all of your repair options. We will provide you with our honest guidance, and help you make repair and maintenance decisions with confidence. If your sump pump is nearing the end of its lifespan, and it is time for a replacement, our sump pump installation experts will be happy to help you select a new one.
Our Buffalo sump pump repair & installation team is here to serve you. Contact us today to request a service appointment.
24/7 Emergency Services
Same Day Appointments Available
Family Owned & Operated Since 1974
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Ask Us About Our Financing Options